Week in Review (2:50)
Here’s why it’s hard to hire (15:05)
The interest in hiring individuals with expertise in environmental, social and governance has never been higher, as GreenBiz co-founder and Chairman Joel Makower reports this week. Why? We hear from two individuals experiencing this firsthand: Richard Mattison, chief product officer for ESG at S&P Global; and Robert Bischof, senior partner, managing director and European ESG leader at Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting group.
Mentoring advice from women leaders (26:40)
In May, the WSLA Alumnae Group recognized 10 “accomplished, audacious and courageous” women as part of the 2021 Women in Sustainability Leadership Awards. Here, seven of them answer the following question: What advice would you give to another sustainability leader about how to mentor and develop diverse talent on their team?
- Mona Benisi, executive director and global head of sustainability, real assets, Morgan Stanley
- Robyn Eason, senior sustainability planner, city of West Hollywood
- Christine Brunel-Ligneau, head of sustainable agriculture strategy, Bayer AG CropScience Division
- Elaine Hsieh, co-founder, head of corporate partnerships and marketing, Third Derivative
- Jennifer Holmgren, CEO, LanzaTech; director and chair, LanzaJet
- Rachel Hodgdon, president and CEO, International WELL Building Institute
- Gina Ciganik, CEO, Healthy Building Network
*Music in this episode: “Curiousity,” “Introducing the Pre-Roll,” “Slow Lights,” “Thinking It Over,” “Not My Problem” and “Waiting for the Moment That Never Comes”